Toke Makinwa Reflects on Resilience After Divorce, Dismisses Marriage Gossip

Read Later (0)
Please login to bookmarkClose
Login to use this feature or Sign Up to be a part of the gang.

No account yet? Register

Media personality Toke Makinwa took a momentous turn at her birthday Thanksgiving party, reflecting on her challenging marriage and subsequent divorce from Maje Ayida, her longtime partner—the celebration, which was filled with gratitude and resilience, showcased Toke’s strength in overcoming adversity.

Toke Makinwa

Toke Makinwa and Maje tied the knot in 2014, but their union faced turmoil just a year later amid allegations of infidelity, culminating in their divorce in 2017. At the birthday gathering, Toke expressed heartfelt thanks to God for the strength she found during those trying times.

“Jesus, you have comforted me when friends left me,” Toke shared emotionally. “When I thought I was going to die, when I didn’t know if I would wake up the next day, somehow you held me together. Even when I showed a frail faith, you made me a tiger. You are the one that liveth. You are the one that will never fail.”

She also took the opportunity to appreciate her friends for their unwavering support throughout her ordeal. “I thank God for all my friends here. I am grateful for your presence,” she said, acknowledging the importance of their friendship during her darkest days.

Toke Makinwa and Farouq

In a lighter moment, Toke Makinwa addressed swirling rumors of a secret marriage to Farouk Umar, a close friend, following a viral video of the pair enjoying time together. However, Toke quickly set the record straight, emphasizing that they are just friends.

“On Obasanjo’s internet, they said I got married to this guy. Farouk is my best friend. He held me down when there was nobody,” Toke clarified with a laugh, adding, “This is my nigga, my brother—who wants to marry you?”



from Nigerian Entertainment Today https://ift.tt/wsYNBm9
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post