Eldee Slams Olu Maintain For Performing “Big Boy” On Stage


Veteran Nigerian rapper, producer and leader of the Trybe collective,  Eldee has angrily called out his colleague, Olu Maintain who performed a 2008 track ‘Big Boy’ featuring featured Olu, Banky W, and Oladele.

Olu Maintain performed the track in New York to entertain fans in attendance but feel on the wrong side of Eldee.

In a now deleted caption, the rapper accused Olu of trying to steal the song for himself since it was first recorded.

Eldee words: “This shameless nigga out on stages performing my songs like he created it. I still remember how he tried to steal the record after I put him on it, forcing me to put it out prematurely. Nigga ran off with the unmastered draft and went to print CDs with himself as the lead artist, even his verse was written by me #Appropriation #getyourownshit Lesson to young artist Don’t ever do pity features.“

The rapper later apologized for the eruption, where he explained that the aforementioned captioned was born out of his character.


He wrote: “The last post was out of character. If you know me, you know that I don’t usually sweat shit like that. Sorry if I offended you but I have a lot of stories I never got to tell about the shady nonsense I kept quiet from in that industry.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post