“The worst of my life”- Ex-Chelsea hero Mikel Obi reveals reason for recent surgery

Former Super Eagles midfielder Mikel Obi has revealed that the reason for his recent surgery was to correct a hamstring injury, Soccernet.ng reports.

Mikel had a very illustrious illustrious career with Chelsea between 2006 to 2017 when he left for Chinese club Tianjin Teda. Then, after spells at Middlebrough, Trabzonspor, and Stoke City, he retired.

The former Super Eagles star was inactive until last year, when he started his ObiOne podcast. But recently, the 36-year-old shared pictures of himself after undergoing surgery at a hospital.

He also shared videos of himself in doing physiotherapy to aid his recovery. However, he did not state what made him to do the surgery.

But recently, he revealed that he had to do a surgery to correct a hamstring injury he sustained during a novelty match that he recently participated in.

“I tore my hamstring, I think it’s old age catching up with me,” Mikel said on his podcast.

“I was involved in an exhibition game with some celebrities. We woke up in the morning, didn’t warm up, didn’t stretch properly, then we woke up in the morning to go play dodgeball.

“I was just trying to run past the .ball, and I slipped. As soon as I fell, I just fell my hamstring tear. It was so painful, I was on the floor.

“It was the most painful injury I ever experienced because I’ve never torn my hamstring pretty bad before. The pain was 10/10, and it was so painful that I was on the floor for almost 20 minutes.”

Mikel has since recovered from his injury and is fully back on his feet.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post