Ruth Kadiri: People will go hungry If you remove YouTube from the industry

Read Later (0)
Close Login to use this feature or Sign Up to be a part of the gang.

No account yet? Register

Ruth Kadiri has revealed that she uploads her movies on YouTube because of the stringent regulations Nigeria’s film industry and the platform has now provided her with a source of income.

In a candid interview with BBC Pidgin, the Nollywood actress shed light on her decision to upload her movies on YouTube. The mother of two revealed that her quest for creative freedom and self-expression led her to the popular video-sharing platform.

“There are too many rules and regulations during production. I wanted a platform where I could freely express myself and tell my stories.” -Ruth Kadiri

YouTube has provided Ruth Kadiri with an outlet to express herself, but that is not all. The Google-owned platform has also become a source of income for the Nollywood actress. Despite initial scepticism from her peers about the platform’s profitability, Kadiri persisted.

“When I travelled to give birth, I was bored and started watching a lot of musical videos. I noticed that some people put their films on YouTube. I decided to try it despite being told there was no money in it,” she said.

Determined to make the most of this opportunity, Ruth Kadiri rallied her team. “I told my team that we should shoot and if the film is not good enough, we will learn and use it as a learning process,” she recounted. Her perseverance has paid off, as she now boasts two million subscribers and nearly 295 million views on YouTube.

Ruth Kadiri on YouTube’s impact on the industry

Kadiri emphasized the platform’s vital role for filmmakers and content creators in Nigeria. “Personally, I don’t worry about competition. If you remove YouTube from the industry, people will go hungry. YouTube is an opportunity for a lot of filmmakers to make money and that’s what is happening now.”

 



from Nigerian Entertainment Today https://ift.tt/cE23KYy
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post