“Victor Osimhen and Victor Boniface” – Brentford midfielder tips Super Eagles strikers to perform at AFCON 2023

With Victor Boniface and Victor Osimhen in attack, the Super Eagles boast of having one of the most-feared attacks at the AFCON 2023 tournament.

Brentford and Super Eagles central midfielder, Frank Onyeka, has tipped fellow teammates, Victor Boniface and Victor Osimhen to make all the difference at the 2023 AFCON tournament, Soccernet.ng reports.

Onyeka, 25, has been a regular in midfield for the Bees since joining from FC Midtjylland in the summer of 2021. Frank made his AFCON debut in 2022 in Cameroon as the Super Eagles crashed out after falling to a round of sixteen defeat against Tunisia.

In a recent interview, the ex-FC Ebedei midfielder told BBC Sport Africa he’d never decline an opportunity to wear the green and white colours of the Super Eagles.

“I’ll always want to represent my country on the big stage. It’s an honour to wear the green and white shirt, so it’s something that I have to do. I was a boy playing in the streets of Nigeria and now I’m representing the Super Eagles at Afcon,” the midfielder said.

The 6-ft tall midfielder mentioned that leaving Brentford in the middle of the season to play in Africa isn’t an easy decision, as it could affect his playing time, but added that his manager is in support of his decision.

“When someone leaves, another person is there to take their place. When you get back the team is settled, they’re playing well, and getting into the team again takes a long time, but my coach is happy for me to represent my country on this big stage. I’m really happy that he’s also my supportive coach, letting his players go off to Afcon,” Onyeka added.

Quizzed about the Super Eagles players he expects to leave a mark on the tournament coming up in Ivory Coast in a few weeks, Onyeka mentioned the hottest Nigerian strikers at the moment.

“I’ll say Victor Osimhen, Victor Boniface, myself and the entire Nigerian squad. You should watch out for us at AFCON. It won’t be easy, but I know the team, they are strong.”

Frank Onyeka has featured in fifteen Premier League games for Thomas Frank’s side this season, starting in six of them, and has been included in Jose Peseiro’s 40-man provisional AFCON squad list.

 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post