My best friend did not call me for 2 years after my engagement – Laura Ikeji


Nigerian fashion blogger and entrepreneur, Laura Ikeji, on Thursday, narrated how she and her best friend did not communicate with each other for two whole years after she got engaged.

The mother of one shared her tale in an Instagram post with a picture of herself dressed in a sport outfit.

The 30-year-old wrote, “So I had this one best friend, who lived with me and eventually moved out when she got her own spot.

“Every time this lady will tell me how she can’t wait for me to find my Mr right and how she wishes me a happy fairytale ending.

“So one beautiful evening I left the store to go meet my man and that evening I got engaged. I got calls from all over the world, everyone called me except the bestie I left 30 mins ago. She didn’t call me till after 2 years. LOL.

“We re cordial now but dang she didn’t call for 2 years and well I didn’t call neither,”
Laura Ikeji is married to Christopher Kanu, the younger brother of Nigerian football legend, Nwankwo Kanu.



Kanu and Laura had their court wedding on January 19, 2017, in Lagos and had their first son, Ryan, in July 2017 in a Texas hospital in the United States.

Laura is the founder of Hey! Laura, an online entertainment, fashion, and lifestyle blog which seem to have been abandoned by the Instagram Queen after establishing an empire of her on the picture sharing platform with over 1.4million followers and still counting.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post